Dry Ice Supplied in Insulated Boxes:
Dry Ice pellets are packed for overnight courier shipment in thick walled Polystyrene boxes.
The dimensions of the available boxes in mm are:
|Up to 10||250||250||230||345||345||365|
|Up to 15||320||320||240||
385 455 455
Up to 30
- Polyboxes can also be purchased empty.
- These box sizes are used in multiples for all internet orders placed up to a total of 100 kg.
- Sizes of boxes used depend on availability.
- Above 100 kg it is usually more cost effective to ship in returnable palletised containers. Please call us to discuss your large volume requirements on 0116 224 0072.
- Unless otherwise specified pellets are bagged within the Polyboxes in 7 to 15 kg lots.
- Pellets can also be bagged in 1 kg bags marked with safety handling advice against special order.
- Please do not forget that dry ice sublimes even when protected by insulated boxes, so the amount received is always less than the amount ordered. The losses vary according to the thermal properties of the packaging, the ambient temperature conditions during transit and the transit time.
- Losses on 10 kg over the first 24 hours are about 20%, but as most of the initial losses are used up to cool the packaging down to an equilibrium state, the rate of loss in the next 24 hours will be lower.
- It is also true that larger packages have a lower rate of sublimation as the initial losses to cool down the box will be a smaller percentage of the bigger mass contained in the larger package. However, prediction of sublimation losses is not a precise science and it must be accepted that any figures given are approximations and will not always be realised in practice or be repeatable.
- All packaging is non returnable and should be re-used where possible and re-cycled at the end of its useful life.
- Orders for Dry Ice supplied in insulated boxes must be placed by 2 PM for delivery next working day. Next working day includes despatch on Friday for delivery on Monday.
- Please note the transport losses will be considerably higher on orders shipped on Friday for delivery on Monday, especially in the summer months as we have no control over the temperature conditions at courier’s storage locations over the weekend. We advise increasing the order quantity to account for additional losses. This will be more economic than selecting a Saturday delivery.
- All deliveries of dry ice in insulated boxes are subject to our Terms and Conditions and our Returns and Refunds Policy shown on this website.
Dry Ice Supplied in Insulated Containers
Dry Ice can be supplied in returnable insulated containers by road transport to your site. You will need a lifting device to offload the container (see gross weights below). All containers have a standard pallet base and can be easily handled with a forklift.
Our standard shipping specifications include:
100 kg Approx. gross weight 130 kg
150 kg Approx. gross weight 180 kg
200 kg Approx. gross weight 260 kg
250 kg Approx. gross weight 310 kg
300 kg Approx. gross weight 360 kg
325 kg Approx. gross weight 385 kg
400kg Approx. gross weight 500 kg
- Please call 0116 224 0072 and provide the delivery post code for pricing information and order placement.
- Orders for Dry Ice supplied in containers must be placed by 2 PM for delivery next working day. Please note the transport sublimation losses will be higher on orders placed for shipment on Friday for delivery on Monday especially in the summer months.
- Please note that all orders for pellets only become valid once we have confirmed our ability to meet your request. Dry ice can only be produced to order and our manufacturing equipment cannot produce more than 700 kg per hour. It is our policy to execute orders in the order in which we receive them. Forward orders may be placed in advance to secure deliveries.